Friday, June 25, 2010

Filmmaker

Pick up a camera. Shoot something. No matter how small, no matter how cheesy, no matter whether your friends and your sister star in it. Put your name on it as director. Now you’re a director. Everything after that you’re just negotiating your budget and your fee. 
James Cameron


A filmmaker has almost the same freedom as a novelist has when he buys himself some paper.
Stanley Kubrick 


I don't think of myself as a director or writer. I think of myself as a filmmaker.
Conrad Hall 

I feel like I'm a filmmaker; I don't feel I need to yell action and cut.
John Cusack 



I live in New York City, the stories of my films take place in New York; I'm a New York filmmaker.
Spike Lee



I've always considered myself a filmmaker who writes stuff for himself to do.
Quentin Tarantino 



In England, I'm a horror movie director. In Germany, I'm a filmmaker. In the US, I'm a bum.
John Carpenter 



People have forgotten how to tell a story. Stories don’t have a middle or an end any more. They usually have a beginning that never stops beginning. 
Steven Spielberg

1 comment:

  1. well the first and last sentence have the more meaning of the other ones. =) nice blog!

    look at mine,

    hoteloscopy.blogspot.com

    I need followers if you wanna help =D

    ReplyDelete